As a new business or small business owner, an email list that allows you to continuously market to new and potential customers is invaluable. Below are 5 tips to help you build your list:
- Create an online contest or promotion that you can promote on social media. Require a user to submit at least their name and email in order to add to your database.
- Use lead generation offers such as content downloads including e-books, white papers, case studies, and infographics.
- Promote an online webinar that requires registration with contact information being sure to include email.
- Utilize your website to drive subscriptions. Use an overlay or pop-up that can be easily exited out if wanted. Also be sure to use your blog, footer, or sidebar to encourage users to subscribe.
- Use special events or in-store customers to gain email addresses offline which you can add to your database later.
Remember, if you have an email list that has not been touched in a while, be sure to send an opt-in email to be sure they are still interested in receiving communications from you.
Have any of our suggestions helped you grow your email list? Shoot us an email at email@example.com and we can feature your success story.